As a clergyman, your role at Ionian Village is invaluable. In addition to participating fully in all aspects of the program, including all activities and trips, you will also assist in overseeing the spiritual life of the camp. Serving Ionian Village should not be looked at as a vacation. You will be expected to be “on-call” at all times, and are encouraged to immerse yourself and your family in the program with the campers. Although demanding, it is an extremely rewarding experience.
Clergy responsibilities at Ionian Village include, but are not limited to, the following:
In addition to the above, we ask you to keep in mind a few things while considering your families' participation in the Ionian Village program. Here are some expectations for our Ionian Village Staff Family.
Being a part of the Ionian Village Staff Family means you…
- Are ready to devote yourself fully not only to the mission of Ionian Village, but also to our campers and our faith
- Enjoy working with youth and encouraging them in our faith
- Are able to dedicate an entire session, including travel day responsibilities, to Ionian Village
- Are excited about traveling around Greece with teenagers, learning with them, and acting as a spiritual and physical guide
- Are a dependable individual, and exhibit good character
- Want to become a positive influence in the lives of our youth
- Work well with others in a close environment, knowing when to be a leader and when to be a follower
- Are ready to give 150% of your energy at all times
- Are ready to take on the intense and demanding physical commitment that is Ionian Village
- Can love those around you unconditionally
If these things sound like you and your family, please contact Fr. Evagoras in the Office of Ionian Village for more information! Please note, Clergy spots at Ionian Village are in high demand, so please contact the office as soon as possible in order to begin the application process. ALL Clergy must fill out an application to be considered.